DAN & BUCK’S BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS PONCHARTRAIN
No better way to prepare scallops!
• Prep Time: 10 Minutes
• Cook Time: 20 Minutes
• Ready In: 30 Minutes
• Yields: 4 servings
• 16 Jumbo Sea Scallops
• 1 cup of white wine (table or Chardonnay preferred)
• DAN & BUCK’S Butter Pontchatrain Dry Rub
• 32 plain wooden toothpicks
• One or two packages of precooked bacon (16 pieces minimum)
1. Individually wash scallops in cold water.
2. Wrap each scallop in already cooked bacon (Oscar Meyer preferred). Use plain wooden
______toothpicks to secure bacon wrap to scallop with two crossing toothpicks.
3. Sprinkle bacon wrapped scallops with DAN & BUCK’S Butter Pontchatrain Dry Rub
4. Preheat outdoor grill to a medium heat level.
5. Place an approximate 12 x 16 sheet of aluminum foil on grill and pour a small amount of white
______wine on foil.
6. Place bacon wrapped scallops on foil and cook for approximately 8 to 10 minutes over medium
______to medium low heat and then turn scallops using tongs. Splash addition wine around scallops
______to keep moist. Lightly dust scallops with additional dry rub on this side and cook for another 8
______to 10 minutes. Adjust flame or scallop position so as not to burn.